Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. We are seeking an ITC (Invoice-to-Cash) Collections Specialist to work in our Shared Service Center (SSC) located in Boise, ID.
This position will play a key role for Invoice to Cash (ITC)/ Accounts Receivable by ensuring timely collection of monies owed to the company and resolution of customer billing issues and will be located within the Shared Services center. This Position is responsible for collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced goal oriented collections department.
Please visit our website for additional information. www.central.com
- Works high volume customer collection calls and/or correspondence to collect overdue customer balances
- Provides customer service regarding collection issues, process and recommend account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments
- Monitors and maintains assigned accounts including reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
- Enlists the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process
- Communicates & follows up effectively with sales dept regarding customer accounts on a timely basis
- Ensures daily, weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- Prepares monthly delinquency notices, as necessary
- Participates in team planning meetings
- Delivers on defined operational goals and activity metrics within assigned area and ensures timely and accurate completion of work
- Maintains accounts receivable balances to align with business rules and company policies
- Works queue and processes workflow to ensure production and performance goals are met
- Maintains customer files and makes sure that necessary documentation is received and filed
- Processes claims and research past due invoices
- Prepares customer statements, as necessary
- Processes credit memos for assigned customers in accordance with company policy
- Processes AR transactions including offsets of debits and credits, write-off, etc for approval and processing
- Researches all unexplained deductions and follow-ups with the Central’s customer service department to determine if deductions are legitimate
- Resolves customer invoice collection and dispute issues. Requires partnering with Sales, Customer Service and Commercial, Supply Chain and Corporate Finance and other parties to resolve all customer invoice issues and bring to closure
- Monitors customer past due amounts. Contacts customers, as necessary, to work out payment arrangements or advises if orders have to be held
- Work with the customer service department to determine if production orders or scheduled shipments should be held or released and when
- Builds and maintains customer relationships and conducts miscellaneous customer contact (sending invoice copies, checking for credits, checking on status, sending out statements).
- Performs other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the ITC Department (Invoice to Cash).
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years high volume corporate collections
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Experience working with enterprise systems such as SAP, Oracle, etc.
- Ability to partner with Shared Service Center management and provide input into process improvement as well as effective execution and change management within the team
- Ability to work in a heavily metric driven organization
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Perform multiple tasks effectively
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of internal controls including SOX requirements
- Consumer Products experience, preferred
- Experience in shared service environment, preferred
- Knowledgeable with SAP, preferred
- Corporate office environment with frequent use of phone and PC.
- Travel – 0-25% initially as Service Center is established in first year. Minimal when Center is up and processes are centralized.
- Center hours of operation 5 AM to 7 PM
CENTRAL GARDEN & PET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Central Garden & Pet - 13 months ago
Central Garden & Pet is happy to help with both pets and pests. The company is among the largest US producers and distributors of lawn,...