The Senior Supply Specialist is primarily responsible for the identification of the source and procurement of military raw material supply that will meet Moog’s requirements for best value, on time delivery, and high quality and works with engineers to match supplier capabilities with design requirements. This role requirements knowledge of key commodity markets, contracting, and negotiations.
1. Procurement of military raw material and related supplier development.
2. Develops knowledge related to military raw material that covers the market pricing, market make up, trends in the market, and alternative markets or technologies.
3. Supports proposal efforts including supplier selection and negotiations of supplier agreements. Coordinates outsourcing needs and establishes blanket purchase orders
4. Establishes pricing Agreements that meet the company objectives with regard to cost control and guaranteed supply.
5. Provides pricing information that will be used to support cost proposals being made to Moog customers.
6. Support of other supply chain areas including industrial raw material, commodities, and outside processing.
- Bachelor’s degree (vocational, professional, or advanced) In the field of supply management, engineering, business
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in the Supply Chain field; Manufacturing experience preferred
- Proven general capabilities in procurement practices and supplier and/or customer development
- Proven specific capabilities in understanding and communicating the technical aspects of the goods and services procured.
- Procurement experience with military specifications and requirements preferred.
- Desirable qualifications would include: Certification in Purchasing, Production and Inventory Control, Supply Chain Management, additional education and a Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering
Moog, Inc - 20 months ago