Ubersmith, Inc. is hiring! New York's premiere Data Center Management software company is looking to expand our operations team in beautiful downtown Troy, New York. |
Our hard and fast requirements for this position:
If you meet those requirements, great! Now set yourself apart; here are some things that will definitely win us over:
- Strong Linux system administration skills required. Super strong.
- We're serious about that first one. If you are not comfortable with your Linux administration abilities, please do not apply for this position.
- Significant experience deploying, configuring, and troubleshooting RHEL, CentOS, and Debian Linux distributions.
- Significant experience troubleshooting and deploying Apache, MySQL, PHP, Tomcat, and Postfix on those platforms.
- Experience troubleshooting the source of errors generated by PHP applications.
- Experience working directly with customers to resolve their issues via both email and telephone.
- Flexibility to perform occasional after hours / weekend tasks when required.
- An interest in learning new technologies and approaches to make your day to day tasks, and those of your co-workers, easier and more efficient.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- General familiarity with the web hosting industry
- Basic software testing skills
- Basic technical writing / documentation skills; perhaps you like to write specifications for fun?
- Familiarity with OpsCode Chef, or other configuration management platforms
Ubersmith, Inc. - 18 months ago