Summary: The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for timely delivery of products and components to RS Medical. These products and components support our finished product lines (electrotherapy, bracing and traction) for global distribution.
- Works with MRP/ERP system and determines purchase quantities and delivery schedules for manufacturing and distribution demands. Manages inventory levels to support orders, sales forecast and demands.
- Develops strategic sourcing plans to include sourcing strategies for different class of suppliers and products.
- Develops value optimization strategies, total cost of ownership analytics and optimization, supply chain quality improvements; cost modeling, procurement related economics and financial analysis in support of our business strategies.
- Drives continuous improvement of supplier management processes and their execution to deliver required service levels at minimal total acquisition costs.
- Interact with the Legal, Product Management and Engineering Departments on the negotiation and execution of contracts.
- Establish savings tracking methodology and report realized savings.
- Lead or participate in cross-functional teams to manage sourcing processes from initial engagement to contract.
- Develops relationships with, and serves as primary business contact for, important supply chair partners – including contract manufactures and sources of distributed products.
- Generates purchase orders for suppliers per MRP.
- Processes purchase requisitions including account code verification, assigns purchase orders, and place orders with suppliers.
- Coordinates revision updates, engineering change notice and delivery of new raw materials to support new product releases.
- Coordinates rejected material return to appropriate supplier.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Decision Making Authority:
- Bachelor's degree in Business and a minimum of ten years of strategic sourcing/procurement experience (best practices, negotiating, benchmarking, purchasing methodology and strategy development).
- MRP/ERP experience required.
- APICS CSCP certification required.
- ISO 13485 experience required.
- 21CFR820.50 experience preferred.
- Experience working with MS Navision a plus
- Candidate must be professional, highly motivated and a strategic thinker with proven problem solving and analytical skills and perform qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated capacity for attention to detail, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Strong and proven interpersonal skills to include: Customer Service and Teamwork.
- Organized, self motivated, dependable, flexible and requires independent decision-making capabilities.
- Must have an advanced knowledge of Excel spreadsheet applications.
- Must be highly proficient in MS Office (Word and Outlook) must type a minimum of 45-50 wpm.
- Must have excellent math and 10-key skills.
- Ability to work with others from a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures and at all levels within the organization.
- This position will have the authority to place purchase orders, negotiate pricing and shipping terms and negotiate contract without the need for management approval.
- Purchase Order approval shall be commensurate with experience.
- Other authorizations as deemed necessary.
General office environment that will include frequent or continuous periods of talking, sitting, fingering, repetitive motions of the hands/wrists, reaching, grasping and handling. This position also requires occasional bending, squatting, standing, and walking. Pushing, pulling lifting and carrying of up to 10 lbs. is required on an occasional basis. Good general vision and hearing are needed.
RS Medical - 2 years ago