The Office of Research Administration (http://researchadmin.iu.edu) is seeking a highly motivated individual as an Administrative Coordinator in the Research Compliance area. Some of the responsibilities of this position include: providing general administrative and office assistance to the Executive Director and other staff; filing and processing routine requests for research approvals; writing and editing procedures for processing approvals; and completing general clerical functions such as filing, printing, scanning, and data entry.
Desired skills and experience:
• Ability to learn quickly and take responsibility for parts of a project.
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and researchers (internal and external to the Office of Research Administration) in both written and spoken formats.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities.
• Technical proficiency with PC platforms and with all aspects of MS Office.
• Familiarity with working in a compliance-oriented or regulated environment.
The hours are Monday-Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5 p.m., approximately 35 hours per week for 1 year. The hourly wage is $10/hour.
High school diploma or GED required. The ideal applicant will have three years of office or administrative experience involving clerical and computer skills including using databases, word processing, internet, and email processes. Experience in a university setting or a regulated industry preferred. Ability to work with others effectively towards a common outcome is required.
Indiana University - 17 months ago