Summary of Function:|
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Affinity markets underwriting and program management as assigned.
- Determine risk postures and appropriate rates/factors for Affinity products including life, AD&D, disability, dental and other supplemental health
- Complete the analysis and proposal development of Affinity Markets RFPs, assist in sold case requirements and implementation, and provide renewal analysis for inforce cases/products.
- Achieve profitability and growth objectives with assigned programs/producers.
- Manage producer relationships collaboratively with assigned sales staff; travel/visit producers as needed.
- Maintain underwriting service standards with assigned producers.
- Gain a working knowledge of all products, programs, and services.
- Train other underwriters, if applicable, in more complex areas of affinity markets as needed.
- Ensure adherence to underwriting policy, strategy, guidelines, and procedures.
- Assist VP of Underwriting in gathering pertinent information and statistics which will provide for sound management of decisions in managing programs and products.
- Provide management reporting as requested and in a timely manner
- Adhere to pre-approved underwriting authority level.
- Ensure regulatory and legal compliance.
- Independently drive long term initiatives to successful conclusion
- Other duties as assigned.
- A 4 year College degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of group underwriting experience, affinity underwriting experience preferred.
- Computer Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and PC experience in Windows
- Excellent Communication skills --- oral and written
- Better than average interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent math aptitude
- Ability to work effectively with clients and customers and develop outstanding working relationships
- Must be self-motivated
- Must have excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to be resourceful in problem solving and analysis
- Detail oriented
- Sound judgment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Results oriented
- Flexible and team oriented, with strong initiative
- Creative thinker, with business savvy
- Driven by a fast-paced environment
- Broad thinker, ability to multi-task
- Some travel is required for this position
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...