Commercial Training Administrator - IA
FBL Financial Group, Inc - West Des Moines, IA

This job posting is no longer available on FBL Financial Group, Inc. Find similar jobs:Commercial Training Administrator jobs - FBL Financial Group jobs

Analyze and determine training needs for the Commercial Business Unit. Develop and implement training programs to meet specific training needs for agents and commercial personnel in Iowa and Minnesota. Discusses training needs with management and ensures that they are met. Coordinate all phases of the Commercial Business Unit curriculum development, including general commercial knowledge and CSC systems. Work with commercial personnel to identify specific areas where training is needed and develop training programs. Provide or coordinate necessary training by qualified Farm Bureau personnel (commercial, Learning Solutions or other departments) when feasible. Coordinate training of commercial staff by outside personnel when necessary. Organize and promote existing training programs by assisting in scheduling and coordinating training programs. Work with Underwriting Services on identified training issues. Research and implement alternative methods of instruction to meet identified needs (CD-ROM, internet, tele-training, and self-study). Participate in business unit and business center underwriter meetings. Assist the Business Center Director and Commercial Vice President with developing the Commercial Business Unit training budget.

College degree or equivalent plus at least ten years insurance or related experience. Four parts Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) required for existing staff or within three years for new hires. Associate in General Insurance (AINS) required. One additional designation Associate in Commercial Underwriting (AU), Associate in Personal Insurance (API) or Associate in Claims (AIC) required within one year. Ability to develop an adult learning curriculum, teach and get along with others. Must have an in-depth background and understanding of property casualty insurance. The ability to understand and teach CSC Point IN and Agency Link. Must have strong knowledge of tort law and be committed to continuing education. A valid driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Records are required. Extensive travel may be required (including overnight stays). Ability to read, write and speak the English language.