IBDSoS Systems Engineer 3
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Seeking a mid level engineer possessing an Engineering degree with demonstrated hardware integration & troubleshooting experience to join a dynamic team of engineers responsible for the ongoing sustainment of a surveillance and security system. Applicant will become a subject matter expert on the command and control system and be expected to integrate state-of-the-art cameras, sensors, and hardware into the existing system of system architecture. Additional responsibilities will include information assurance updates to the system and processing engineering change requests for obsolete equipment.
Possesses a B.S. in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering
Minimum of 5 years of professional engineering experience completing the following:
- Demonstrated hardware integration experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively troubleshoot hardware/software problems
- Ability to apply technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques to perform moderately complex technical tasks
- Writing clearly, concisely and accurately in active voice.
Candidate must be willing to work extended hours occasionally to meet deadlines
Ability to perform two-person lift in accordance with MIL-STD-1472
- Experience with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook
- Ability to integrate commercial off-the-shelf products into systems of systems architecture
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networks, serial communications, and video encoding (MJPEG, MPEG4, H.264)
- Familiarity with 802.11 and 802.16 wireless technologies and hardware
- Familiarity with RF network set up, maintenance, and troubleshooting, and/or familiarity with basic RF principles and concepts
- Familiarity with computer operating systems to include Windows XP, Windows 7, and Linux
- Experience with Army tactical C2 systems and/or ISR systems
Fundamental understanding of all phases of the Systems Engineering life cycle
- Experience with DoDAF products
- Experience with the processes and methodology associated with design, implementation/integration and documentation of systems
- Experience testing and integrating in a System of System (SoS) environment to meet evolving requirements
- Experience writing test plans, test procedures, test reports, and trade studies.
- Experience with Information Assurance requirements and maintenance
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 10 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...