- Refer to Job Summary for Qualifications
Altru Health System is committed to achieving Organizational Excellence and expects each employee to actively participate in the achievement of the departmental goals associated with the 5 Pillars of Excellence – Service, Quality, People, Finance and Growth.
The Registered Nurse performs and documents assessments; ensures health history is completed; individualizes patient care guidelines on admission and as needed; identifies discharge planning/education needs; provides patient care; identifies significant changes or high risk situations in patient’s condition and takes appropriate actions; provides patient/patient’s family with appropriate education and counseling; ensures that intervention or referrals are made promptly; evaluates and documents patient/patient’s family response to treatment, education and progress; assists with testing procedures and testing procedure scheduling; performs personal cares; participates with multidisciplinary team to complete and accurately document discharge plan; reviews patient care guidelines/patient care plan with patient and patient’s family; demonstrates knowledge of location and use of basic and special equipment; communicates patient progress and accurately documents on the patient care guideline/patient care plan; identifies and communicates changes in staffing requirements; demonstrates the ability to adjust own workload to meet fluctuation in patient census and acuity and assesses unit staffing needs for oncoming and future shifts. Patients cared for include those in the following age groups: children, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
Primary Job Duties:
- Performs and documents assessments as stated on patient care guidelines/patient care plan and/or as patient condition requires, i.e. admission system assessment, vital signs, intake and output, ADL’s, FIM, etc.
- Ensures health history is completed using information from patient/patient's family and previous medical records.
- Individualizes patient care guidelines on admission and as needed while assessing for any need for intervention or referral.
- Identifies discharge planning/education needs as early as possible upon admission, documents and plans in order to meet those needs.
- Provides patient care which is appropriate to the patient’s diagnosis, symptoms and physician orders, following hospital policies and procedures.
- Identifies significant changes or high risk situations in patient’s condition and takes appropriate actions as evidenced in critical planning, implementation, reporting, consultations and documentation.
- Provides patient/patient’s family with appropriate education and counseling based on identified needs to optimize patient/patient’s family understanding, participation and adjustment to disability.
- Ensures that intervention or referrals are made promptly, particularly when exceptions occur on the patient care guidelines/patient care plan.
- Evaluates and documents patient/patient’s family response to treatment, education and progress so that optimal functional outcomes/goals are achieved.
- Assists with testing procedures and testing procedure scheduling in compliance with validations.
- Performs personal cares according to established guidelines.
- Participates with multidisciplinary team to complete and accurately document discharge plan, i.e., referrals completed.
- Reviews patient care guidelines/patient care plan with patient and patient’s family as needed to help patient achieve optimal functional outcomes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of location and use of basic and special equipment. Performs equipment monitoring and set-up per established guidelines.
- Communicates patient progress and accurately documents on the patient care guideline/patient care plan using it as a basis for concise report at the end of the shift and input to the comprehensive plan of care.
- Identifies and communicates changes in staffing requirements based on unit workload and patient acuity’s, utilizing unit guidelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to adjust own workload to meet fluctuation in patient census and acuity.
- Assesses unit staffing needs for on-coming and future shifts. Assigns admit/transfers based on patient acuity level and nurse/patient ratio.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED :
• Registered Nurse.
• Licensed by the North Dakota Board of Nursing (if a resident of North Dakota or changing residence for longer than 30 days) or licensed by a member of the “Compact State Agreement” if not a North Dakota resident. (If changing residence from a Compact State to North Dakota , will need to obtain a North Dakota license within 30 working days of obtaining new residency.)
• Nurses who provide nursing care to patients calling from Minnesota will need to be licensed by the Minnesota Board of Nursing or will obtain their Minnesota license within eight (8) weeks from their first day of work (telephone calls from patients calling from Minnesota can not be taken from any nurse unless they have obtained their Minnesota license).
• Successful completion of the functional assessment.
• Six (6) months of experience in a Rehab setting.
• Certification in Rehab Nursing (CRRN).
Altru Health System
- 2 years ago - save job