Bodybuilding.com is the World’s largest online sports nutrition retailer which offers its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 2,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 550,000 members; All designed to help our visitors reach their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
Always be truthful and honest in every aspect of business.
Give back to the people that you owe your success to.
Setting goals creates the roadmap to positive gains.
Great things will happen with a passion for competition. It’s our goal to make the big idea bigger.
Our mission is not complete until the customer says “WOW!”
To help our visitors reach their health, fitness and appearance goals through information, motivation, and supplementation.
The global transportation manager is responsible for establishing company-wide systems, standards and procedures to optimize our global transportation operations and total spend. This role is accountable for developing regional transportation experts throughout Bodybuilding.com’s global locations to ensure smooth flow (inbound/outbound) of goods and increase customer satisfaction. Additionally, the position will maintain good working relationship and actively cooperate with internal and external customers, business partners and applicable government agencies to execute import and export best practices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop a global transportation strategy that aligns with Bodybuilding.com’s operations and supply chain strategies.
- Establish standard procedures and metrics to manage transportation globally with direct reports locally, and matrix resources at global locations.
- Provide leadership and direction for Bodybuilding.com’s global transportation operations.
- Develop and deploy global import and export SOPs (Standard operating procedures)
- Develop global performance metrics to monitor progress against Bodybuilding.com’s global transportation plans and objectives.
- Drive and manage global transportation TMS (transportation management system) implementation.
- Develop and manage global transportation operating budget.
- Lead transportation contract negotiations and conduct performance reviews with regional/local transportation representatives.
- Implement solutions for optimum routing and carrier selection for all locations’ freight spend (inbound and outbound).
- Work with global locations and Bodybuilding.com’s Supply Chain network to ensure compliance with preferred carriers, modes of transportation and required service levels.
- Establish processes to effectively manage competing considerations such as cost, on-time delivery, risks, transit times, etc.
- Create, report, and enforce all benchmark/KPIs for all Transportation Service Providers according to global standard requirements.
- Develop and deploy global return/RMA, damage and claim SOPs (standard operating procedures).
- Identify, cultivate and manage future leaders of the global operations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7 to10 years of progressive experience in global transportation (import/export) and 3+ years in managing personnel.
- Must have demonstrated background in building and managing a global team of both direct and matrix roles.
- Solid knowledge of Inco-Terms, HazMat, HTS and Schedule B classification required.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with internal & external personnel at all levels.
- Demonstrated team skills; ability to work effectively with and lead cross-functional work groups.
Education and Experience:
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); Competitive bonuses; Gym Membership Reimbursement; Employee Discount; Employee Fitness program; Book Reading program.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Business or working toward obtaining the degree.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience in global transportation operations management including personnel supervision.
- Knowledge of TMS functionalities and other supply chain (ERP, DRP, WMS, etc.) related systems.
- Must have minimum of 5 years in global contract negotiation experience with global carriers such as UPS/FedEx/DHL/USPS/freight forwarders/etc.
- Budgeting/financial management of worldwide transportation functions required.
Bodybuilding.com LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Bodybuilding.com - 2 years ago
Bodybuilding.com is the virtual one-stop shop to help you get pumped, ripped, and shredded, or just lose that tire around the middle....