- Provide technical leadership in a team of talented engineers
- Define product requirements, estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, rollout system changes and evaluate product performance
- Define, design, implement and maintain always available, highly scalable software applications and tools.
- Provide adequate documentation and follow best practices to deliver quality software.
- Proactively analyze existing systems and processes
- Research, analyze and test solutions appropriate for the business and technology strategies as well as display results of discovery to team members and management.
- Take active role in design discussions, code reviews and project related team meetings.
- Prioritize work and support production escalations
- Must be able to independently design, code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
- Develop technical and domain expertise and apply to products and problems.
We are looking for highly motivated result oriented engineer to design, develop and maintain infrastructure and services for next generation of PaaS and IaaS systems to manage eBay's cloud based applications and systems with high flexibility and agility.
- 10+ years of hands on experience in Java, C++, OO concepts, scripting languages, data structures, web technologies and internet protocols.
- Very good understanding of Core Java.
- Strong software design, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong experience in design of component based systems
- Experience with different OSs – understanding strong and weak points of Windows family OSs (Windows Server 2003 32/64 bit), UNIX (Solaris OS) and Linux family (Ubuntu, RedHat).
- Experience working in a team as well as individually.
- Experience working with Spring IOC, CXF, Hibernate.
- Experience with ANT and Maven: use and extend functionality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive programming experience in Java, working knowledge of C/C++ and python, experience in other languages such as Perl, C# etc is a plus.
- Experience in development of data driven application, RDBMS (MySQL and Oracle: SQL, stored procedures, schema design). NoSQL DB experience is a plus.
Masters Degree or Equivalent
eBay - 7 months ago
The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on commerce,...