As Nelnet’s first line of contact for schools and other financial aid professionals, the School Service Center has to be able to field questions, solve problems, find solutions, and provide excellent customer service by both phone and email. Responsibilities include the handling of incoming and outgoing school, servicer, and default management organization interactions through inbound and outbound calls, emails, and case work, providing assistance and website administration for the Nsight school reporting tool, and serving as a single point of contact for financial aid professionals seeking assistance, guidance, or counseling.
1. Act as the single point of contact for communication to and from schools.
2. Managing case work for a variety of items or issues
3. Administering Nsight Security and assisting new users with system functionality
4. Serve as a resource person for other internal Nelnet departments
5. Contribute to Continuous Process Improvement.
6. Commit to Performance Based Organization (PBO) & Easy To Do Business With (ETDBW) philosophy.
7. Ensure integrity of data and information.
8. Update information on accounts in the Loan Servicing and School contact Database.
9. Perform other tasks related to resolving school needs, by displaying ownership and professionalism
10. Negotiate transactions in accordance with established laws, regulations, and policies.
11. Serve as a resource person within team as needed, including assisting new associates with training needs.
Associate’s degree preferred but not required.
At least 6 months of Nelnet customer service experience required.
Knowledge of student loan industry Loan Servicing and/or Originations preferred.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Service Excellence
2. Oral communications
3. Written communications
5. Accuracy/Attention to Detail
6. Working with MS Office
7. Business Math
8. Problem Solving
9. Managing Multiple Priorities
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Nelnet - 21 months ago