The Mental Health Care Advocate assists with inbound calls received from Providers and various mental health facilities.. The Care Advocate will clinically assess for the appropriate level of care based on the member's current needs. Position will focus on initial inpatient admission for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients.
*** This position is a day time part-time 20 hours per week office-based Monday through Friday position, located in our Ashford Dunwoody offices. ***
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Make patient assessments and determining appropriate levels of care
- Obtain information from providers on inpatient and outpatient requests for treatment
- Determine if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
- Administer benefits and reviewing treatment plans
- Coordinate benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consult with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
If you want more meaning in your career - as a clinician or a business professional - think of OptumHealth as your calling.
By providing 60 million Americans with information, tools and solutions, we are helping to guide them through the health care system, financing their health care needs, and enabling them to achieve their personal health and well-being goals.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
- Independently Licensed Master's degree-level clinician in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling OR Licensed Ph.D., OR an RN with experience in behavioral health.
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in a related mental health environment
- Computer literacy with MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
- Must have the ability to talk on the phone and type at the same time
- Demonstrated telephonic/office-based experience
Additional Preferred Assets:
- Inpatient experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Keywords: LCSW, LPC, RN, Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Part-time, Atlanta
UnitedHealth Group - 13 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...