ScanSafe is the leading global provider of SaaS web security. Every day our technology scans over a billion web requests, going far beyond the capabilities of traditional security techniques to protect both office and roaming workers around the globe.
We are looking for talented, driven Linux Engineers to join our team of open source masterminds at our central London office.
Operations engineers are pioneers in SaaS infrastructure, transforming commodity hardware into high performance, scalable platforms which are the envy of our competitors. You will be responsible for building and maintaining our high performance global network, delivering the highest levels of service availability to our customers.
We have a fast paced, exciting environment with endless opportunities to develop your Linux skills. We do things very differently to other companies:
As well as continual technical development, you will be richly rewarded with a fantastic salary and extensive range of benefits.
- Weekly rotation between on-call, continual improvements projects, software deployment and projects; learn something new every week
- Quarterly OPSFests to discuss new ideas, drive innovation and shape our roadmap
- Lightweight process that helps, not hinders - we help you make things happen
- Change is constant; we are always investing in cutting edge, brand new hardware and software
Essential technical skills:
Beneficial technical skills:
- RHCE certification, or at least 3 years commercial experience as a Linux systems administrator
- DNS administration experience
- Thorough knowledge of the HTTP protocol
- Experience of analysing and collect network packet captures
- Experience of network connectivity troubleshooting
- Bash or Perl scripting
- Host and network based security
- Experience with HTTP proxies
- Experience with kickstart, cobbler or puppet
- Writing basic SQL queries
- VMWare ESXi and VSphere
- Experience administrating a three-tier architecture
- Administration of Apache Tomcat
- Experience of configuring automated monitoring systems
For more details, visit www.scansafe.com
- Prior employment within a web hosting, internet service provider or software as a service company
- Prior involvement in delivering customer support
- Experience of working as part of a team
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...