A Client Service Representative is responsible for providing fast and accurate information upon request and must communicate effectively with our clients that include physicians, their office staff and other laboratory personnel. They are valuable resources internally as well as externally and must stay knowledgeable of all other departments within the laboratory. A Client Service Representative demonstrates a professional and competent manner.
- Answer phone, assisting clients with test results, test requirements, fees and miscellaneous requests
- Communication link between client and internal departments
- Phoning of Priority/Phone requests and Critical/Panic values to our clients.
- Handling of request for patient records
- Able to operate office equipment to include, multi-line phone system, computer systems, scanner, photocopy/fax, etc.
- Maintain positive morale
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Flexible. Able to make necessary adjustments to meet deadlines
- Independent judgement and good reasoning ability
- Able to handle stressful situations caused by high volume requests from internal and external sources
- High School Diploma
- Medical terminology
- Experience in the medical field
- Typing skills (min. 30 wpm)
- Ability to work with accuracy while paying attention to detail
- Dependable and able to work with minimal supervision
- Good organizing and planning skills
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Professional and mature manner
Preferred education, skills or experience
- Phlebotomy experience
- 2 year course study relating to the medical field
PAML - 13 months ago
Pathology Associates Medical Laboratories (PAML) is heading for the high road as a leading independent laboratory services provider in the...