The Specialty Claim Technical Assistant position is an integral role within the Specialty Claims Department that will provide claim support to the Specialty Claim staff in all key phases of the adjustment process, consistent with Best Practices. In addition, the technical assistant will perform key functions that support all Specialty Best Practices objectives while optimizing the technical capabilities of the claim staff.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Confirm and monitor initial claim information.
- Organize, summarize and update materials as needed (e.g., legal pleadings, deposition transcripts, financial documents, etc).
- Through the life cycle of a case, assist examiner with claim strategy and in the collection and follow-up of all necessary information and documentation.
- Conduct legal and factual research utilizing various computerized information retrieval systems and provide summary analysis as directed.
- Compose various letters and other documents.
- Track and maintain diary for notification & assignment, coverage, scheduled mediations, arbitrations and trials, etc.
The pay band for this position will be based on the candidate's knowledge, skills, and experience.
- 2+ years claims experience, paralegal experience or industry related experience required, demonstrating proficient skills in the following areas: customer service, written and oral communication, team orientation, analytical and problem solving skills, demonstration of initiative and follow-through with work assignments.
- Knowledge of legal, business and financial terminology and computerized information retrieval and research systems (e.g. Lexis, Westlaw or other web based search capabilities).
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage specific claim file functions and concisely summarize and provide recommendations as required.
- Effective in identifying potential or developing issues consistent with Specialty Best Practices and making the appropriate recommendations for solutions.
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills.
Chubb Group - 2 years ago