An Electrician installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment. You will follow electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment. Essential duties following; other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze all electrical utility systems throughout the facilities, review wiring diagrams and drawings for validity and accuracy, repair, clean, service or replace electrical devices as necessary
- Receives and reviews wiring diagrams, specifications and instructions from manager covering emergency and scheduled repairs, installation, and electrical inspection work to be performed
- Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment and safety
- Repair, clean, maintain, build and provide electrical utility services that meet or exceed OSHA requirements
- Installs, repairs, and maintains communication cables, power distribution panels and cables, communication devices, cabling and wiring as required
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical utility services, MHE, various other devices as required
- Advises and cautions operators and mechanics about potential electrical problems and inherent dangers involved
- Notifies manager of potentially dangerous electrical equipment noted and corrective action required or taken to repair and meet all codes and regulation standards
- Meet all required departmental goals including KPIs and budgetary commitments
- Participates in plant safety, health and environmental programs including community efforts
- Assume other related duties as assigned by manager
- Ability to work overtime and holidays if necessary to meet business effectiveness criteria and/or customer requirements.
-Work in refrigerated and freezer/frozen conditions as required, including an Ammonia machine room
- Work varying shifts including weekends on a regular basis as required - work in protected and unprotected environments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be make to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Recommended Experience: 4 years
Required Certifications: State Electrical License Recommended; Will trainin pallet jack certification.
Constant- seeing, walking, handling
Frequent- feeling, reaching, hearing, standing, walking, bending, twisting, gripping objects under 20 lbs.
Occasional- stooping, climbing, balancing, sitting, driving, carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects under 20 lbs. Carrying, lifting pushing and gripping objects from 20 lbs to over 60 lbs.
C&S Wholesale Grocers
- 2 years ago - save job