The Lowes.com Operations Specialist (LOS) is responsible for executing the daily operations of the ecommerce site; www.lowes.com. The LOS works closely with Lowes.com Merchandising, Marketing, Creative and IT teams to manage online products, content, pricing, and on-site promotions. Responsibilities include supporting ad hoc adjustments to live pricing and availability information in response to dynamic market and inventory conditions and ensuring the day-to-day success of website operations in support of online promotions, campaigns, and enhancements. Additionally, the LOS serves as a subject matter expert for the online business tools and is responsible for both business tool set enhancement recommendations and operational process improvements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Executes the following lowes.com site activities:
- Pricing Changes
- Marketing Banners and Spotlights updates
- Product and Promotion Configuration modifications
- Special Catalog and Taxonomy changes
- Works closely with the Operations, Creative and Merchandising to ensure all projects are executed accurately and on-time.
- Responsible for identifying and escalating issues impacting the team’s ability to deliver promised deliverables.
- Develop and serve as an expert with the business operation tools. Responsible for identifying and implementing process improvement solutions.
- Act as an escalation point for issue resolution within the Operations Team, Customer Care, and IT.
- Ensures all Operation Processes and Procedures are maintained and current.
- Attends daily meetings and communicate vital project related information. Takes appropriate action on information shared in the meeting.
- 4-year Degree
- 2-4 years ecommerce or Retail experience
- Highly motivated, dynamic person who has a knack for detail, organization, patience and communication with others and is a problem solver
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and dynamic environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must work well within a team environment and mentor others.
- Excellent-time management/organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
With fiscal year 2011 sales of $50.2 billion, Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 100 company that serves approximately 15 million customers a week at more than 1,745 home improvement stores in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s is the second-largest home improvement retailer in the world. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
- MBA or Advanced Degree
- Passion for execution
- Highly analytical with desire for solving problems
- Experience in program/project management
- Experience working with and administering systems – (WebSphere Commerce, Endeca Web Studio, Teamsite CMS)
- Negotiation and relationship building skills
Lowe's - 2 years ago
No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain of home...