Provides support to bank employees on a variety of issues over the phone, e-mail or on-site (may involve travel). Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots and repairs the business intelligence and performance management system Cognos. Occasionally travels to attend conferences, training and education of bank employees. Trains other IT Departmental employees on the Cognos and other related systems. The Cognos Engineer will design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune the production Cognos while ensuring high levels of availability. This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing the Cognos system configuration and performance standards policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of the Cognos system and accompanying software.
Education and Experience:
1. 4 year degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
2. 5-7 years hands on systems and applications management and or IT support experience required.
3. CBIP (Certified Business Intelligence Professional) certification or MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer credential, or equivalent experience.
4. Experience with managing Windows IIS preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Advanced understanding of database structures, algorithms and data warehousing.
2. Proficiency with SQL statements.
3. Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL server installation and maintenance preferred.
4. Working knowledge of Windows systems required.
5. Working knowledge of PowerShell Scripting preferred.
6. Familiarity with end user support, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
7. Knowledge of applicable practices and laws relating to data privacy and protection.
8. Customer oriented attitude required.
9. Good written and oral communication skills.
10. Strong technical documentation skills.
11. Good interpersonal skills.
12. Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
13. Highly self motivated and directed.
14. Keen attention to detail.
15. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
16. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
17. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
18. Ability to perform advanced system troubleshooting.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. - 15 months ago