The Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist is responsible for developing and managing quality systems for Riddell plants in the US and Mexico. Reporting to the Quality Assurance Director, the Specialist will assist the QA Director in monitoring and auditing manufacturing plants for adherence to internal and external quality policies and procedures as well as create internal documentation for the manufacture and reconditioning of sporting goods equipment.
- Audit outgoing accounts for compliance to quality, manufacturing, and customer requirements. Record findings and input to audit database.
- Review the Outgoing Quality Audit report with site manager and work on corrective action based upon report findings.
- Must possess a valid passport.
- Travels to facilities in OH, PA, TX, CA as well as Mexico to train personnel on the audit process, evaluate sites with a pre-audit before NAERA audit. Work closely with Quality Director in the findings, preparation for the 3rd party audits, and to act as a troubleshooter the site failed elements of an audit.
- Trains Operations and QA personnel in auditing/inspection methods as needed.
- Participates in process approval and the dissemination of documentation to all plants.
- Facilitates the development of new process documentation.
- Develops audit process to assess plant’s compliance to existing manufacturing documentation.
- Facilitates root cause analysis and initiates corrective actions stemming from customer complaints and returns, outgoing quality audits and NAERA audit findings.
- Generates quality reports to Operations and upper management as required.
- Develops Riddell Inspection Guidelines (RIGs) for use by QA personnel in reconditioning/manufacturing process.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Science desirable.
- Associates’ Degree in Applied Science (Quality Assurance) or related field or an equivalent combination of vocational training or related quality assurance experience required.
- Significant work experience with proven problem solving excellence.
- CQA, CSSB or CSGB Certification highly desirable.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Focus improvement experience in a manufacturing operation required.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of quality management processes, procedures and tools.
- Minimum of four to six (4-6) years’ related experience in manufacturing, inspection and quality assurance processes required.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of quality tools, sampling techniques, ASQ and NOCSAE procedures. Ability to read blueprints and use basic inspection gauging.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with multiple departments.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and work independently within deadlines.
- Ability to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and math skills.
- Written Spanish language proficiency a plus.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Afraid your favorite athlete might take a knockin' on the noggin? Easton-Bell Sports (EBS) products can help soften the blow. A leading...