- Four-year college degree (BS) in Computer Science or related experience.
- Four to Seven years progressive IT experience including: 4+ years’ experience in Linux administration
- 4+ years of operational support in Information Technology with experience in one or more of the following areas: on call production support, execution of multiple concurrent projects, experience in leading project teams meeting goals that included large system implementations.
- Strong working administrative knowledge of RHEL including patching and SAN
- Experience automating activities using Perl and Shell scripting languages
- Excellent analytical / troubleshooting skills
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Ability to provide 7x24 rotating on-call support.
- Ability to work outside normal 8 to 5 office hours including weekends as required
- Proven ability to implement IT solutions that support new applications and business integration.
- Experience with Satellite server, clustering, VMware, GFS/GFS2
- Medium to large scale retail environment experience
- Experience with Nagios
- Capacity planning, Application stacking and HA environments preferred
- Oracle Rac on Linux
Position Success Factors:
- Responsible for enterprise wide Linux server infrastructure across distributed hardware. Duties include; provisioning, implementation / integration, standards / governance, patch management, monitoring, support, root cause analysis and performance tuning.
- Provides “customer focused” support of all Linux servers environments, PROD, QA, Integration and development.
- Consults with senior engineers while working with applications teams to troubleshoot complex problems, providing root cause analysis and remediation to mitigate future risk.
- Performs strategic analysis and design of Linux server infrastructure and makes recommendations on improvements and/or new systems required to meet business needs and future capacity.
- Performs software installations and upgrades to Linux based servers as well as maintains existing systems in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Prepares and maintains professional documentation of server configuration(s), application configuration(s), and network configuration(s) as they relate to server infrastructure, high availability, business continuance and other areas as requested.
- Responsible for maintenance and enhancements of existing RHEL servers and related utilities. Ensure systems remain at operational excellence during infrastructure improvements (hardware/software upgrades, server migrations/consolidations, application deployment, etc).
- Provide technical support to IT Managers, Application Development Teams, DC Systems Managers and Information Security as requested.
- Build team synergies when working with other engineers supporting them to achieve excellence in their fields of interest and responsibility.
- Customer Focus
- Business Acumen
- Planning and Execution
- Problem Identification and Resolution
- Teamwork and Results Ownership
Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (Advance) operates within the United States automotive aftermarket industry, which includes replacement parts...