Sr Software Dev Engineer (Team Itin)
Job ID #: 23638
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelor of Science
Experience Required : 7-10 Years
Relocation Provided : Yes
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
inApply with LinkedInGet hired faster
Every day, we at Expedia get to innovate on web applications that millions of travelers use to plan, book and experience trips they will remember forever! If you are a Software Developer seeking new and exciting challenges where you can make a real impact, you will want to be a part of this team.
The Itinerary Team is looking for a Senior Developer to work as a key member of our development team to build and deliver a great experience for our users. In this role, you will work both independently and as part of a team. You will utilize your critical thinking and technical skills to creatively develop software that scales to the largest travel system on the web.
Responsibilities include :
- Writing Java features using a spring based web application that communicates to web services
- Supporting the full life cycle support for a JSON api, itinerary pages, and a notification system
- Participating in design discussions, and translate business requirements into technical tasks
- Collaborating with other teams within Expedia to design and develop features
- Being a part of a dynamic, continuously delivering team using Agile development process
- Writing code in the presentation layer, domain layer, and data access layer
- Monitoring, Unit testing, Continuous Delivery
- Mentoring developers with less experience, validate their designs, review their code
- Minimum 7 years of experience developing web applications in Java
- Knowledge of Ajax, Query, HTML5, HTTP, and the browser event model
- Experience communicating with SOAP and REST web services
- Object oriented analysis and design skills
- Familiarity with Agile software methodologies
- Lifelong learner who enjoys programming
About Expedia, Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...