Job Title: Construction Supervisor
Business Sector: Steel Plate Structures
- Reports to the Construction Manager or Operations Manager depending on location/Project assigned.
- Position may be office or Project Site assigned.
- Responsible to plan and coordinate construction activities to be executed by the Field Superintendant.
- Interface with Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication and QA/QC to insure timeliness of deliverables to support the Construction Schedule.
- Ensure that construction related documentation and correspondence is initiated and preserved in accordance with filing system guidelines.
- Coordinate completion of construction activities with Weld QA/QC, Engineering and customer (to include final inspection, punch list, document turnover, and final acceptance).
- Is responsible to incorporate HSE requirements into the construction planning and execution for both CB&I filed crew and construction support subcontractors.
- Facilitate preparation of drawings for special construction equipment, scaffolds, workstations and construction aids. Arrange for procurement, fabrication and installation of required items.
- Initiates/assists with construction related subcontracts.
- Assist in the identification and preparation of construction related change orders.
- Assists, as required, in arranging for work permits, safety tests and actions with regard to safety.
- Reviews design specifications, drawings and contractual requirements.
- Resolves difficulties and problems that arise during construction.
- As required, assists Construction Warehouse with inspection of material and equipment received and maintenance of stored equipment.
- Attends coordination and progress meetings.
- Assists during testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning, if required.
- Checks information submitted by subcontractors and passes all necessary information on to the appropriate CB&I group and customer, as required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a construction environment.
- 4 year degree in Construction Technology / Construction Management / Engineering Management, or civil / mechanical engineering degree.
- A specific training plan will be developed to provide selected individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge to fulfill their responsibilities as a Construction Supervisor.
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is one of the world’s leading engineering, procurement and construction companies and a major process technology licensor. We provide a comprehensive range of solutions to customers in the energy and natural resource industries.
Drawing upon the expertise of approximately 23,000 employees worldwide, CB&I offers a full scope of services, from conceptual design and technology licensing, through engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction, to final commissioning and beyond – with a portfolio of aftermarket services.
With engineering offices and projects located around the world, CB&I has the global experience and local expertise to safely deliver superior results even in the most challenging environments.
CB&I - 15 months ago
CB&I is one of the world's leading EPC companies, specializing in lump-sum turnkey projects for customers that produce, process, store...