The Systems Administrator, Enterprise Applications is responsible for all aspects of the Studios Linux-based enterprise applications. This position is a core technology role that focuses on:
- Providing a secure and highly-available enterprise application environment that meets or exceeds current best practices and industry standards.
- Specifying, installing, customizing and integrating applications into the studios production infrastructure
- Usability, performance and availability monitoring and analysis.
- Providing technical leadership for troubleshooting and remediating applications, including post mortem analysis and remediation.
- Working with customers and vendors to specify, design, integrate, implement and provide ongoing support for robust technology solutions that support the studios production requirements and goals; meet usability and functional requirements; evolve with changing conditions and requirements.
- Technical input for the development of 1 to 3 year technical roadmaps.
Responsible for maintaining the Studio's Linux-based enterprise applications including but not limited to:
- Voice-over-IP phone system
- Database administration
- Directory services
- Email collaboration, including email, instant messaging, calendar, contacts & tasks
- File transfer
- Help desk
- Network services
- Remote access
- Tape backup and recovery
Responsible for Studio processes including but not limited to:
- Emergency response
- Legal discovery
- Systems maintenance
- Policy enforcement
- Securing studio assets in line with best practices and industry standards.
- Documenting system requirements and project proposals based on the user's needs and other constraints such as cost and schedule. Ensure that the requirements are consistent, complete and operationally defined.
- Resolving problems arising during design, implementation and day-to-day operations quickly with minimal interruption of production processes.
- Generating acceptance test requirements for all new projects.
- Performance monitoring and metrics for enterprise application services.
- Ensuring that production technology and processes are current and do not become obsolete.
- Writing end-user documentation for enterprise applications and processes.
- Contributing to policies governing system use and services.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable working in an environment that mixes procedural work such as on boarding and off boarding employees; responding to production issues and project work.
This position requires flexible work hours, including early morning, evenings and weekend shifts as required for production support and maintenance. There is an opportunity to provide technical leadership and mentoring for Systems Operations staff.
- Three to five years experience supporting Linux servers and applications in a production, corporate or university environment. Expertise in some or all of the following technologies is a requirement:
- VoIP Phone Systems: Avaya Server Model S8800; Avaya Communications Manager.
- Database administration: MySQL.
- Directory Services: Active Directory, OpenLdap and NIS.
- Network Services: DHCP, DNS, NFS, CIFS and Samba.
- Email, Instant Messaging and Calendar: Zimbra Collaboration Suite; Apple Mail, Calendar & Contacts; Mailman list server; Pidgin & Adium IM clients; Jabber XMPP IM server.
- File Transfer: Secure file transfer protocols.
- Help Desk: HelpSpot.
- Remote Access: OpenVPN, Palo Alto VPN and ssh.
- Security: Firewall, mail gateway and workstation security solutions.
- Tape backup and recovery: Spectralogic Tape Library, EMC Networker, Oracle Secure Backup and Symantec NetBackup.
- Operating Systems. Three-to-five years experience supporting Linux (Fedora, Scientific Linux, CentOS) in a production, corporate or university environment. Demonstrable experience with Windows (XP, Windows 7) operating systems and applications. Experience with with Mac OS X (10.6, 10.7, 10.8) is a plus.
- Systems Programming. Expertise in a systems programming language such as Perl, Awk, Unix Shell, Python.
- Communication Skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively and accurately with management, systems administration team members, customers and vendors is a core job responsibility.
- Project Management. A proven track record for managing multiple projects, priorities and tasks.
- Experience with taking a leadership role in technical incident management and resolution.
- The ability to work at a high level and maintain perspective in high-pressure production-critical situations.
- Degree. A degree in computer science or a related field. A masters degree is a plus.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
- Office working environment
- The Systems department provides IT support for a 24/7 Animation Studio: Flexible working hours and overtime required, including early morning, late evening and occasional weekends. Some systems maintenance is scheduled for evenings and weekends.
- Lifting of up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Blue Sky Studio management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
Fox is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fox is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
News Corporation - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard