This is a defined term position of approximately 10 months. Defined term positions are eligible for most benefits.
Under limited supervision, performs moderate to complex visual and mechanical inspections of BSC purchased materials and components for first article, special, and routine inspections.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully support the Quality Policy by building quality into all aspects of the incumbent's work and by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements (including but not limited to being current on all training requirements for the incumbent's position and documenting that training).
- Completes special inspection requests for engineering.*
- Assist in qualification of equipment needed for production and research purposes.*
- Make acceptance or rejection decisions based on established procedures.*
- Performs visual and dimensional measurements of complex purchased components using microscopes, micrometers, dial calipers, snap gages, optical comparator, CMM, and other precision measurement equipment. *
- Independently determine appropriate inspection setups using the equipment available.*
- Reviews and recommends changes to existing inspection procedures and engineering specifications.*
- Follows company safety policies and procedures while ensuring quality work.*
- Indicates Essential Function
Minimum education: High School (or equivalent) desired, and/or ASQ certification as CMI (Certified Mechanical Inspector) or CQT (Certified Quality Technician).
Minimum experience: 5 years of mechanical quality control inspection experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to perform at this level, preferably in a medical device environment. PC experience required. SAP transaction knowledge preferred. Able to use Excel to perform data analysis. Must have understanding of Quality sampling plans and basic SPC. Able to interpret supplier supplied data. Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing measurement techniques, with the ability to interpret engineering specifications. Intermediate math skills and applications including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division (able to understand decimals). Interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills sufficient to train others in the use of inspection equipment and procedures, accurately completes paperwork, understands documentation and effectively communicates with fellow employees.
Incoming Inspection Lab:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Performs continuous repetitive tasks.
- Computer use up to 20% of the time.
- May lift and load up to 30 lbs.
Boston Scientific Corporation - 17 months ago
Boston Scientific knows that nothing is simple in matters of the heart. The company makes medical supplies and devices used to diagnose and...