POSITION OBJECTIVE: |
Provide staff leadership and assure quality and caring treatment of patients and staff is implemented in all daily clinical and surgical activities. Provide leadership and serve as a liaison between Corporate Administration and local employees with regard to policies and procedures and their implementation.
STATUS: Full Time, Salaried
ORGANIZATION: Reports to Site Director
Coordinate all necessary functions in order to provide an effective and efficient flow of services of patients in the clinic and surgery. Assure appropriate scheduling of patients and staff and work cooperatively with staff in other locations to provide the best possible patient service and care. Additional duties will include, but not be limited to:
Assure patient comfort and happiness! Learn the electronic health record computer program, Next Gen, and be comfortable working in the patient scheduling portion as well as charting in the clinic and the surgery portion of the program. Maintain the best possible clinic and surgery patient schedule that will minimize wait time and provide ample patient contact. Schedule staff to ensure appropriate coverage of all necessary functions. Monitor staff attendance and approve time cards for payment. Serve as liaison between the surgery center optometrists and ophthalmologists and staff by meeting regularly with each. Monitor production to determine staffing needs and initiate request process if a change in staffing is necessary. Participate in the interview process for any new staff members. Coordinate the integration and training process for any new staff. Encourage staff training within the center. Approve of seminar attendance in accordance with company policy. Provide personal support for staff members as appropriate. Provide back-up for clinic, front office, and surgery positions as necessary and appropriate. Assure that professional and office equipment is maintained and that appropriate supplies are ordered and stocked as needed. Review, code, and forward all invoices to Corporate Finance for payment. Periodically travel to other locations for meetings. SCHEDULE: Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
*Schedule may vary according to patient schedule and clinic needs.
- Supervisory or management skills – experience helpful
- Excellent communication skills – both written and spoken. Legible handwriting.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Basic office skills and experience with office equipment. Good computer understanding of Microsoft Office programs. Minimum keyboarding speed of 40 words per minute.
- Pleasant, cooperative, caring attitude
- Willing to work with others to set and achieve goals
- Good visual acuity, acute hearing
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Neat, legible handwriting
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Strength and balance adequate to assist patients as necessary
- Good mobility