This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Position hours are generally regular business hours. Some evening or weekend meetings required.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medicine - Infectious Diseases located on the Medical School Campus, Wohl Clinic.
1. Office of Faculty Development Coordination
• Coordinates workshops for faculty development.
• Helps to plan orientation for new faculty in Internal Medicine.
• Responsible for DOM Office of Faculty Development calendar
• Maintains and regularly updates Office of Faculty Development website
• Coordinates activities and events including conference calls, travel for visiting faculty, and networking events.
• Maintains resources such as document templates, standardized departmental statements, and other resources for use by Department of Medicine faculty.
• Assists with the creation, distribution, and compilation of data from annual faculty surveys and evaluations.
• Distributes announcements and newsletters to Internal Medicine Faculty.
2. Faculty Resources and Data Management
• Helps to maintain database of faculty information, honors and awards and resources.
• Responds to incoming data and report requests received from Principal Investigators, department administrators, other central offices, media, outside institutions, etc.
• Maintains reference materials, including a grant library and standardized document templates, and distributes resources as needed to faculty and administrators.
3. Postdoctoral Program Coordination
• Coordinates and provides administrative support for all program activities, retreats, seminars, workshops, journal clubs and other activities of the programs;
• Generates documentation for the program activities. Prepares manuals, education materials, committee notes, marketing materials, admission letters and program orientation materials.
• Communicates the program activity progress and problems to the Program Manager and Postdoctoral Program Director.
• Works with scholars, instructors, committee members, and other program coordinators to fulfill the goals and objectives of the Postdoctoral Program in the Clinical Research Training Center.
• Plans and coordinates program orientation, reception, and marketing and recruitment events.
• Helps recruit applicants and manages online admissions process.
• Works with Sr. Financial Analyst to monitor and track scholar research expenses and appointments.
• Updates scholar database with relevant publication, research, mentor and course enrollment information.
• Assists Program Manager and Center Directors with preparation of required grant documentation, submissions and progress reports.
• Attends Program Directors meetings, status meetings, and office meetings.
• Other duties as assigned by program directors and project manager.
High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in a business related field is preferred. Two to four years of related experience preferably with grants, marketing, accounting and/or budget management responsibilities. Experience in a medical, research or educational environment preferred.
Master's degree and 3-5 years of experience in program coordination or project management. Pleasant and professional interpersonal skills are essential; strong English, spelling and grammar skills; ability to interact professionally with diverse groups of faculty, students and staff; must possess strong organizational skills; ability to exercise sound judgment in establishing priorities; willingness to work cooperatively as well as independently; work as part of a team; be responsive to change and innovation; demonstrate high level of attention to details, follow established procedures and maintain very high degree of accuracy, even with interruptions; positive attitude, strong work ethic, dependability, and an ability to be flexible and think quickly in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. Experience with Qualtrics, website development, and Washington University systems, including HRMS and SIS beneficial.
The hiring range for this position is $34,611 to $44,116 annually.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (http://medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University in St. Louis is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Washington University in St. Louis - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Employer of Choice in the St. Louis area!
Washington University School of Medicine is an employer of choice in the St. Louis area. The...