This is an opportunity for a Tier 4 role to leverage creative control and demonstrate influential guidance in setting the direction of the product. This role functions in a flexible and "high-participation" environment, and drives outcomes by facilitating steps to develop solutions with the product team.
The Applications Engineer's role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of all information systems that support our hosted applications.
The Applications Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues. By engaging with the development teams as part of the Agile development process the Applications Engineer will influence the end product to ensure a seamless transition to the production environment.
- Linux Systems Administration
- Experience working with Java in a production environment
- Experience tools or middleware such as with Apache Tomcat, Web Logic, Web Sphere, or JBOSS.
- Experience with Software Distribution , Code Packaging , and Compression
- Ideal experience is a blend of Systems Administration and Applications Engineering
- Experience with Load Balancers such as F5 is a plus
Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
Develop, implement and document the configuration standards policies and procedures for operating, managing and ensuring security of the Server environment.
Research and integrate new technologies into existing data center environments.
Server and system performance tuning and monitoring.
Communicates with Developers, DBA's, other IT departments and management related to issues affecting test, development and production systems.
Install, support, and configure new server software.
Analyze system logs and identify potential issues with server systems.
Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems.
Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
Monitor and analyze metrics in order to implement optimization strategies.
Drives continuous improvement - design, definition of roadmaps, standardization of processes and methodologies.
Collaborates with the Network Operations team to ensure systems are monitored and issues are responded to in an appropriate manner and time frame.
Experience, Skills, Academic:
Experience with Linux Administration
Experience wtih Java in a production environment
Experience tools or middleware such as with Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, Web Sphere, or JBOSS.
Experience with Software Distribution , Code Packaging , and Compression
Strong problem solving skills.
Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
Good written and oral communication skills.
College degree in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering or equivalent business experience.
Attention to detail.
Proven analytical, evaluative and problem solving abilities.
Exceptional customer service orientation.
Excellent software troubleshooting experience.
Extensive application support experience.
Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADP), with about $10 billion in revenues and about 570,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of experience, ADP offers a wide range of human resource, payroll, tax and benefits administration solutions from a single source. ADP's easy-to-use solutions for employers provide superior value to companies of all types and sizes. ADP is also a leading provider of integrated computing solutions to auto, truck, motorcycle, marine, recreational vehicle, heavy manufacturing, and agricultural vehicle dealers throughout the world.
ADP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V. ADP believes that diversity leads to strength.
The Benefits of a Career at ADP: At ADP, our associates are the key to our success! At ADP you will enjoy a vibrant and diverse organization with exceptional leadership committed to providing every associate with career building opportunities. Our environment is fast paced and dynamic with work/life initiatives that allow for individual goals to be realized. ADP offers benefits that are second to none.
Some Benefits Include: * Medical
Plus, you will have access to our extensive offering of on-line and instructor led training which is made available to all associates through our Global Learning.
- Pension Plan
- Company Matched 401K
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Personal Days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Corporate Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
The TOP reasons to ADVANCE your career ADP !!! * Co mputerWorld Top 100 Best Places to Work in I/T 2012
- Listed as one of the top 100 companies to work for
- Fortune's 2011 list of America's Most Admired Companies
- Forbes 2011 list of The World's Most Innovative Companies
- One of only 3 AAA rated organizations
- Ranked # 1 by Fortune Magazine in the payroll services
- Invested more than $12 million in tools and programs over the last three years to enhance our employees
- TOP NOTCH benefits package, 401K and Pension plan, along with numerous company perks for all associates
- Equality Company of the Year (2011)
- 2011 Diversity MBA Magazine
- 50 Out Front for Diversity Leadership
- Best Places for Diverse Managers to Work (2011)
- Working Mother Magazine Best Places to Work (2010)
- Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality (2012)
Area of Interest:
Systems and Programming
United States, Seattle, WA
Automatic Data Processing
- 2 years ago - save job