Provide support to the practice in the functional areas of clerical, clinical and business under the direct supervision of a Practice and/or Clinical Supervisor. Responsible for scheduling, directing inquiries, patient referrals, data entry, medical records support and maintenance.
Post secondary training in field or equivalent experience.
Certified/registered as Medical Assistant within 6 mos if hired after 11/28/2011; OR pending CMA/RMA status to obtain certification/registration within 6 mos of hire
1 to 3 years Medical Assistant experience.
1 to 3 years experience in customer service environment.
1. Performs clinical duties such as assisting provider in examinations, procedures and obtaining vital signs.
2. Cleans and prepares instruments and exam rooms as needed.
3. Orders and stocks exam rooms with appropriate medical supplies.
4. Calls in prescriptions as directed by the provider.
5. May schedule pre-admission and diagnostic testing, follow up with patients after surgery.
6. Performs daily administrative duties of the practice including greeting/check-in/check-out, scheduling patients, answering telephones, taking messages, organizing patient charts, filing, pulling and copying patient records.
7. Collection of co-pays and patient balances, posts payment and adjustment transactions, balances daily journal.
8. Prepares and delivers bank deposits in accordance with established policies and procedures.
9. Maintains and adheres to established Core policies and procedures and federal regulations, including, patient confidentiality, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Exeter Hospital - 2 years ago