DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including
agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
The 84-year-old DuPont Belle plant is located just outside Charleston, WV and employs more than 400 DuPont employees and about 150 resident contractors. Boating, hunting, golfing, and fishing are the primary outdoor hobbies of many site
personnel. On site, our employees enjoy growth and development opportunities as part of our winning team. They thrive in a collaborative, market-driven environment that rewards business savvy and scientific street smarts.
Site businesses include:
The site produces a wide range of products and applications found in plastics manufacturing, home and personal care products, crop protection chemicals, automotive products and industrial manufacturing. Some DuPont products
- DuPont Chemicals & Fluroproducts
- DuPont Crop Protection.
manufactured on site include Methyl Amines, DMF/DMAC, DME/DMS, Glycolic Acid, Vazo® and Hexazinone.
Currently the DuPont Belle plant has a need for experienced General Mechanics.
Position Summary: Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as pumps, motors, conveyor systems, fixed equipment, blowers, valves, piping systems, and other production machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Examines parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and equipment.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Lubricates and cleans parts
- Lifts pipe into place, check fit up, make up flanges and test pipe.
- Measures and sketches for fabrication of pipe.
- Uses mechanical tools or fuel gas outfits to cut pipe and remove, cut, drill and install structural steel components, install pumps and other mechanical equipment.
- Performs building maintenance including plumbing, drywall repair, hot water tank repair, ceiling tile replacement.
- Measure, cut, bend and install up to 1/2" diameter tubing.
- Rotating equipment alignment.
- Hydrostatically test piping systems.
- Equipment removal and relocation (rigging)
and interpretting blueprints, and installing or repairing equipment per blueprints.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™.
- Operate a manlift safely.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer.
DuPont is an E-Verify employer.
- High School Education or GED Equivalent
- Must be able to wear required PPE (personal protective equipment) such as steel toes, hardhat, Nomex®, protective eyewear, faceshields, Arc protective clothing and SCBA (Self Contained breathing Apparatus).
- Must be able to work in a High Hazard environment including adverse weather, elevated, confined spaces, extreme temperatures and a noisy environment
- Must be able and willing to work rotating 12 hour shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds. frequently, 25 lbs. regularly, and up to 55 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to Stand, Walk, Stoop, Bend, Kneel, Crawl, reach overhead, have excellent manual dexterity and visual acuity
- Must have experience navigating and utililzing Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must attach a current resume detailing experiences
- 3 to 5 years industrial experience
- Previous Maintenance experience and knowledge of chemical process operation
- Journeyman Pipefitter Certification and or Millwright Certification
- Ability to perform basic calculations involving Algebra, Geometry, and Ohms law
- Ability to read and interpret Schematics, Procedures, Manufacture's Literature, Safety Requirements, and have the ability to learn and detect process deviations
- Experience with Job Safety Analysis
- Experience with Lock Out Safety Procedures
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Lean Manufacturing Experience a plus
- 5S involvement and understanding
- Demonstrated Strong Troubleshooting Skills
North America-USA-West Virginia-BELLE PLANT [DUPONT](2511)
DuPont - 2 years ago
E. I. du Pont de Nemours (also known simply as DuPont) wants to coat your car, feed your crops, and decrease your dependence on fossil...