Innovative nonprofit agency is seeking an organized, hands-on, energetic individual to teach a classroom of young children in our daycare center located in a family homeless shelter in the Bronx. Qualified candidates will have experience working with high-needs families and young children, and be able to thoughtfully and creatively address the needs of the children and families we serve.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic child care and education professional to work in a child care program that meets the needs of a high-risk, vulnerable population.
The Teacher will develop curriculum and create daily lesson plans. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for active engagement in classroom activities as well as an ability to work well with supervisory and support staff.
- Actively create and maintain a child-oriented and literacy-focused atmosphere
- Ensure developmentally appropriate educational, physical, and hygienic care of the children
- Interact closely with and supervise children at all times
- Ensure respectful interactions with children, parents and staff
- Provide a balance of activities to meet the children’s needs
Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education and 1-3 years experience or BA/BS and 5 years of experience teaching pre-school.
NYS certified preferred
idealist.org - 2 years ago