Aker Solutions provides oilfield products, systems and services for customers in the oil and gas industry world-wide. The company's knowledge and technologies span from reservoir to production and through the life of a field.
Aker Solutions brings together engineering and technologies for oil and gas drilling, field development and production. The company employs approximately 25 000 people in more than 30 countries. They apply the knowledge and create and use technologies that deliver their customers' solutions.
We are looking for individuals who are prepared to take a position. Not only a position within Aker Solutions, but also a position on the exciting challenges the global oil and gas industry faces now and in the future
Aker Solutions, with North America locations in Houston, Mobile, Calgary and St. Johns, is looking for talented individuals who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the oil and gas market.
Responsibilities and tasks
To provide the expertise as an engineering advisor with multi-tasking and in multiple engineering areas which must involve mechanical/structural system analysis as a minimum and thermal analysis. Able to conduct engineering analysis to oversee multiple offshore subsea products such as Subsea Christmas Tree, Subsea Wellhead, Tubing Hanger equipment, and Subsea Production Control Systems equipment. Good knowledge with ASME BPVC section 8, API 17D, API 6A, API RP 2A and DNV codes. Capable of preparing technical write-ups, report documents, design reviews and technical presentations; Able to carry out the assignments within agreed time scales and budgets for the projects or during the proposal-level stages.
Qualifications & personal attributes
Responsibilities are carried out within a matrix structure environment whereby normal line management reporting is to the Systems Analysis Supervisor but project reporting is directly to the Project Engineer or Project Manager. The predominant responsibility is to the Systems Analysis Supervisor/Manager.
1. Expertise in engineering analysis with classical approach and advanced engineering analysis software (FEA programs) to evaluate the equipments in the subsea products' designs, and provide sufficient and conclusive advises to the design team for the improvements
2. Able to take most technical challenging analysis tasks for the subsea product designs and have good understanding in the industry standards for subsea products.
3. Expertise in FEA techniques involving heavily linear/non-linear material modelling, contact modelling, dynamic and impact modelling and thermal-effected modelling
4. Familiarity and compliance with company procedures, project specifications and industrial standards so that a standard approach to analysis is adopted whilst satisfying customer requirements
5. Ensure systems & components are fit for purpose & meet the project specifications and industrial standards
6. Assist with engineering duties on bids including bid-level analysis and technical write-ups within agreed time scales and budgets
7. Able to conduct design review, technical presentation, documentation and report
8. Contribute to the on-going improvement of analysis techniques and industry standards
9. Awareness of lessons learnt from all previous company projects & implementation.
10. Assist with handling of external & internal interfaces
11. In addition to the duties listed above, the individual is required to perform other duties assigned by the supervisor/manager from time to time.
Job Specifications and Physical Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. A minimum Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree, a Ph. D degree is preferred
2. 5 to 8 year working experience in Oil & Gas relative field is preferred
3. 5-year working experience in subsea product industry and with advanced FEA (Abaqus) is a big plus
4. Hand-on experience in FEA program ABAQUS with advanced features is preferred
5. Working experience with engineering software like SolidWorks, MathCAD, Excel, Word, SAP
6. Familiarity of API 6A, API 17D (ISO13628-4), API 17F (ISO13628-6), API RP 2A-WSD, AISC, ASME B31.3, ASME pressure vessel code,
7. State professional license in relative engineering field is preferred
8. Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
9. Abe to demonstrate initiative and assertiveness, the ability to plan and manage work in an efficient manner, and the ability to work well under stress and time pressures.
•Friendly colleagues in an industry with a bright future
•An environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge with your colleagues
•Competitive benefits and strong focus on work-life balance
Aker Solutions is a leading global oil services company with more than 150 years of industrial history and successful development. Today we have over 23,000 employees in over 30 countries. We are a growing company in developing markets and emerging regions. In North America, Aker Solutions operates eight business units creating many opportunities for our employees and customers.
By joining Aker Solutions, you will work as a valued member of the team tackling challenging work and looking for opportunities to innovate. Most positions enjoy a business casual environment and flexible work schedule with competitive benefits beginning your first day.
Aker Solutions - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard