Working within established policies from SYKES Corporate Human Resources Department, this position is responsible for all center-wide aspects of human resources and personnel management. Coordinates and administers human resources programs and policies including staffing, performance/development programs, compensation, benefits, employee relations, training, HRIS, and health and safety programs in the Call Center. Provide guidance to management staff relating to human resources administration and employee relations, Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- 7+ years of HR experience; 3 years in a leadership role
- Experience in call center HR preferred
- HR Experience in Call Center, Retail, or Hospitality preferred
- SPHR or PHR Certification preferred
- Bachelors degree preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Strong training and mentoring skills
- Strong PC skills; Microsoft Office & Lawson, a plus
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of FMLA, FLSA, OSHA, ADA and EEO are also required.
- Possesses strong conflict resolution and mediation skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Discretion and confidentiality required
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of labor laws & regulations
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and demonstrate flexibility
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) preferred and at least four year’s related experience required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, corporate procedures/regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Employees are required to maintain compliance with SYKES safety, security, and privacy programs. Responsible for being an active participant in the SYKES safety, security and privacy programs to protect SYKES' business operations, facilities, and physical and intellectual property and to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all SYKES' employees.
Sykes Enterprises is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. Employees are encouraged to observe the highest standards of professionalism at all times, and are expected to adhere to the Sykes Code of Ethics and Standards of Integrity.
- Oversees the recruitment, pre-screening, and orientation of sufficient numbers of qualified new employees to meet the needs of the center.
- Support Center’s compliance with state/federal employment laws, corporate HR policies, and the support center’s personnel policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Responsible for the identification of causes and providing recommended solutions for improving job satisfaction, reducing turnover, and enhancing employee moral.
- Responsible for the maintenance and timely/accurate data entry of employment records and payroll database.
- Provides thorough & timely employee benefits orientation and enrollment to new-hires and management training to new management staff.
- Responsible for the center’s compliance with all state and federal employment and benefit laws.
- Responsible for ensuring the application of all company policies and procedures within the site.
- Acts upon and oversees the thorough and impartial investigation of all reported incidents concerning workplace harassment (sexual, ethnic, religious, etc.), discrimination, and/or other alleged illegal activities by employees.
- Maintains records and reports concerning on-the-job injuries and workers compensation.
- Responsible for unemployment claims administration and company representation at unemployment compensation hearings.
- Responsible for all employment records being well documented, accurate, maintained, and retrievable.
- Continually and proactively coaches and counsels the center’s management staff on thorough and timely employment record documentation.
- Maintains current and accurate payroll & benefits records in HRIS. Validates and assures timely completion of payroll period reports to corporate.
- Supports a union-free environment of positive employee moral, job satisfaction, and positive attitude toward management and its’ goals and objectives.
- Continually monitors, assesses progress, and recommends or takes action, as necessary, to keep positive perceptions within the center.
- Responsible for required management training as designated by corporate or the Center Director.
- Assures that the Center’s training practices provide equal opportunity to trainees.
- Proactively identifies areas through which new or additional training could improve the competency of the management team and the employee’s understanding of company benefits,
- Proactively ascertains future employment needs and challenges through analysis of historical data, employment trends, Account Manager communication, and awareness of the local/regional employment climate.
SYKES - 2 years ago
Sykes Enterprises provides business process outsourcing services, IT consulting and IT-enabled services, such as technical support and...