Job Id 19121 - Posted 02/11/2013 - Sales - Americas - United States - Illinois - Itasca
Account Development Representative
Operating as part of a field sales team, the Account Development Representative is primarily responsible for delivering profitable sales results by identifying and focusing on new accounts and growing under penetrated customers within the small to mid-size markets within an assigned sales territory. This role is focused both on building and maintaining influential customer and supplier business relationships by staying abreast on current and future industry policies, practices, products, trends, technology and information affecting their territory. The Account Development Representative will negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external customers and is able to win concessions without damaging relationships. The Account Development Representative will use their relationship and trust leverage with other parties to gain more profit and revenue for the company.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead generation, qualification and new business development
- Penetrate new and under penetrated accounts
- Drive customer demand
- Develop strategic customer sales/marketing plans
- Bachelor''s degree (BA), preferred in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Distribution, Electrical Engineering
- 1-2 years industry/sales experience
- Distribution and/or supply chain experience preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills
- Requires a self-starter who has the ability to prioritize, multi-task and deal with pressure
- Time management, organization and customer service skills
- Ability to sell, negotiate, persuade and influence
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of customer and supplier
- Proven business development and the ability to originate new business, converting a lead into a qualified prospect
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Arrow - 20 months ago
Arrow Electronics knows its target market. The company is a leading global distributor of electronic components and computer products,...