Are you an enthusiastic, customer service and results oriented individual who would enjoy selling robotics solutions to the education industry? Must be willing to work from a home office, dedicated to prospecting, and building strong customer relationships.
iDESIGN Solutions is an educational reseller of industry leading design software and robotics technology. We need a Sales Person to join our team to focus on the VEX Robotics product line and target the education market in the eastern United States.
What is VEX? The VEX Robotics Design System offers students an exciting platform for learning about areas rich with career opportunities spanning science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). These are just a few of the many fields students can explore by creating with VEX Robotics technology. Beyond science and engineering principles, a VEX Robotics project encourages teamwork, leadership and problem solving among groups. It also allows educators to easily customize projects to meet the level of students’ abilities. The affordable VEX platform is expanding rapidly and is now found in middle schools, high schools and university labs around the globe.
The Duties and Responsibilities will include the following:
- Promote the VEX Robotics product line to the K-12 market by phone, email and direct mail.
- Drive new business by generating new leads and following up on these leads.
- Prepare quotations and proposals.
- Promote VEX Robotics competitions and attend these events to generate leads.
- Assist with marketing and planning of future events.
- Attend trade shows on behalf of iDESIGN.
- Prepare product literature for leads and follow up.
- Update customer database with new contacts as well as update current customer information.
- Assist with customer service.
- Visit key accounts.
Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales
- Minimum of 2+ years of sales experience
- Ability to work from a home based office
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service and relationship building
- Proficiency in MS Office tools – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in a sales position or Technology industry preferred.
- Knowledge of robotics or education industry is an asset.
Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation, Own vehicle, willing to travel, Valid driver’s license, travel expenses paid by employer.