To qualify, you must possess:
• Bachelor’s Level Degree is required. MBA with real estate concentration is a plus.
• Prior underwriting experience is not necessary but would be helpful, particularly experience with Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae underwriting and submissions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other Windows based programs. Prior experience with Argus is a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
*Compile market research data and maintain database of information.
* Interact with the borrower throughout the underwriting process
*Assist branch originators in their marketing of company products and services.
* Interact with the Borrower throughout the underwriting process
*Review and analyze current and historical income and expenses of a property and determine the terms and conditions of the loan
*Perform financial cash flow, cost report analysis
*Prepare loan submission packages for lender review. Order and review 3rd party reports, including appraisals, environmental inspections (if necessary), property condition inspections and seismic reports (if necessary) for loans under application.
*Complete property inspections
*Correspond directly with mortgage bankers, borrowers and clients.
*Assist in the closings of loans
*Draft copies of the appraisal, Engineering and Phase I reports are reviewed and changes are negotiated, if required.
*Order, review, approve and submit Credit reports on various companies, i.e. borrowers and tenants
Berkadia - 18 months ago