The role of the Medical Assistant (MA) is to provide "Extraordinary Care" to patients and customers through friendly, caring, courteous, and professional services and to ensure that our patients feel welcome and comfortable in our clinics and health centers. The MA is responsible to provide a variety of patient care tasks including: preparation of patients to be seen by physicians, performance of diagnostic tests, and appropriate documentation. MA’s have the opportunity to work every day with a variety of patients and provide exceptional care in a friendly clinic environment. The clinic environment is a fast- paced, smaller environment that allows the development of close working relationships with physicians and clinical staff as well as returning patients. Every team member is vital to the clinic’s success.
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- Utah State licensure as a Radiologic Practical Technician (RPT)
- If doing Point of Care Testing: Must have a High School diploma or GED in compliance with CLIA regulations
- One or more years of Medical Assisting work experience
- Successful completion of an accredited medical assisting program making candidate a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or MA Certification eligible. Intermountain Healthcare verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- One or more years Medical Assisting work experience in the specialty area indicated in this posting
- One or more years experience using electronic medical records (EMR)
- One or more years work experience with Intermountain Healthcare's Help2 and Centricity Business (IDX) software
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...