ponsible for UNIX servers (Sun F15000 and smaller) and the operating systems software and its successful integration with the hardware and applications software of the major computing systems across the organization.
- Plans, tests, installs, and integrates new and upgraded versions of the relevant operating systems on organizational computer systems, all third-party software components, and subsystems. Develops test plans and procedures.
- Tests and integrates software and hardware. Manages software life cycles. Establishes development, testing, staging, and operating environments. Designs interfaces to external systems.
- Maintains and consults for relevant operating systems on organizational computer systems, all third-party software components, and subsystems.
- Researches and resolves systems software problems efficiently and accurately while adhering to internal software management standards and procedures. Troubleshoots problems that may involve applications and the network.
- Provides technical support to applications and utility developers on requirements for integration into the operating environment. Maintains and updates documentation on the operating systems configuration
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with CLSE operating environment.
- Familiarity with customer operating environment. Knowledge of the organizational standards for operating configurations, security constraints, and procedures for managing software.
- Ability to analyze the current system configuration and recommend improvements, and ultimately drive these improvements to completion. In other words, improve the following: availability, reliability, serviceability. Experience with open source products and tools such as Ant, JUnit, Apache, Tomcat, and MySQL. Experience with PKI technology and ability to manage server and/or application certificates.
- Strong customer service skills, teaming skills, and the ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team. Ability to research and resolve systems software problems efficiently and accurately. Ability to create shell scripts.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing system administration.
- Minimum three years UNIX/Solaris experience. Software installation/configuration. Real-time problem diagnosis and resolution. Ability to work with DNS/BIND, DHCP, NFS, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, Backup/recovery, Cisco routers, Apache, Tomcat, SSH, SSL. Must have excellent communications skills, excellent analytical skills, ability to focus on details, and execute deliverables with high standards.
- Knowledge of theories, principles, and practices in systems administration.
- Strong knowledge of current technology trends, potential for application of current and emerging technology solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Previous experience developing and deploying IT software solutions.
- Experience administering Linux OS Systems.
- Shell Scripting Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or a related degree program, or work-related experience that has provided equivalent knowledge.
- Required Clearance:
TS/SCI Full Scope Poly
LongView International Technology Solutions Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard