We are looking for a senior level MySQL DBA/DB Developer for a team that is responsible for the design and development of high-traffic web properties. In this position the ideal candidate will work within a fast-paced and challenging environment to architect, develop and enhance all aspects of MySQL databases and applications.
This position is geared towards a creative, logical, and self-driven person who can provide a technical vision and is comfortable working without a safety net. High standards for quality, attention to detail and responsibility are key attributes of this position.
- Design and develop back end solutions for dynamic, high-traffic web applications.
- Create SQL scripts to perform complex queries.
- Monitor and tune MySQL database systems for optimum performance.
- Generate application flow charts, ER diagrams, and technical documentation.
- Be a resource for application developers in the realm of data storage and processing
- Keep abreast with the latest technologies and apply them.
- 5+ years experience with any combination of MySQL 5+ or MSSQL Server.
- 3+ years experience explicitly with MySQL 5+ administration.
- 2+ years experience in a linux environment.
- Expertise with MySQL configuration, load balancing, failover and caching technologies.
- Expertise with MySQL data architecture, server monitoring, and performance optimization.
- Expertise with writing and debugging complex queries and scripts.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and solving complex problems.
- Must demonstrate good communications skills.
- Must be highly motivated, creative and thorough.
- Must be comfortable working with source control.
- Experience programming in PHP 5+ a plus.
Break Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Break Media - 5 months ago
Break Media was founded in 2004 and employs over 180 full-time staff as of January 2011. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, an...