Interstate Power Systems is a distributor for Detroit Diesel Engines, MTU-Engines, MTU Onsite Energy Generators, and Waukesha Engines and Generators. We have been a market leader in the service industry for over 50 years, and we have excelled at providing solutions and adding value for our customers. Growth is a critical component of our business plan, and we are currently looking for a Transport Refrigeration Technician to help us in that growth.
Transport Refrigeration Technicians fulfill a critical role in our operations. Employing over 600 technicians Interstate provides services to a wide range of industries including mining, commercial, and oil and gas. As is our mission and our promise to our customers, we strive to provide “Pride in Service”. We do this by providing our technicians with the factory training they need to accomplish and sustain the highest efficiency possible.
• Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of Transport Refrigeration Refrigeration units.
• Diagnose, repair, adjust, and modify all heavy duty components.
• Positive interface with service writers, foreman, parts department and customers.
• Keep paper work updated and handed in upon completion.
• Meet requirements for certifications.
• Communicate effectively with customers.
• Work safely and follow customer safety standards.
• Maintain shop to a high standard of cleanliness.
Ideal Candidate will possess the following qualities:
• Positive attitude.
• The ability to set goals and accomplish them.
• The desire to take advantage of certification opportunities to have the most updated product training.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Mechanical and HVAC experience.
• EPA Certification with refrigerant a plus.
Requirements for Carrier Technician:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. Technical degree or certification a plus.
• A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working with refrigeration units.
• Must have your own set of general tools.
• Be able to work with diagnostic computers for troubleshooting and repairs.
• Use computers for web based training and work order system.
• Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions.
• Excellent compensation
• Continuing certification training
• Generous benefits including insurance options, vacation, holiday, and sick pay, 401(k) with employer match
Interstate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration to: your email address here
Interstate Companies - 18 months ago
Interstate Companies, Inc. is an industrial distributor, assembler, truck dealer, and a maintenance and repair provider. Our five operating...