Senior Staff Packaging Engineer
This optical packaging engineer position is expected to participate the definition of optical coupling strategy for fiber optics transceiver, and implement such strategy with design and process development, and eventually take it to production. The individual is expected to be independent thinker and will carry out project from definition to prototype, failure analysis, optimization and eventually to successful production implementation. The individual is expected to work within a team of different disciplines, and be able to influence both design and operation.
The ideal candidate would possess the following behavioral skills:
- Team player
- Creative thinking
- Problem solving
Candidates must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job experiences.
- Must have a MS or PhD in Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience with fiber optics packaging and fiber connector technology
- Minimum 5 years of experience with die attachment, wire bond, micro optics assembly
- Minimum 5 years of experience with optical packaging design and process
- Minimum 5 years of experience with process optimization and SPC
- 5+ years of experience in the following skill sets:
- Precision mechanical design, tolerance analysis, packaging material selection
- TOSA, ROSA and optical transceiver prototype and manufacturing process
- Developing precision optical alignment technology and implementing such in a high volume production
USA-California, Santa Clara
Apr 29, 2013
Jun 29, 2013
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 2 years ago
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...