Performs under the direction of licensed nursing personnel to provide quality patient care in accordance with State and Federal guidelines.
1) Provides care appropriate to the patient population of the assigned unit.
2) Assists in the assessment of patient responses to interventions, and reports changes to licensed nurse.
3) Documents all activities according to defined guidelines.
4) Assists in the education process for patients and families
5) Participates and supports performance improvement and risk management activities.
Remote Video Monitoring responsibilities
Monitor up to 10 patients via remote screen
Document in log the following information, census at the beginning of the shift
Document in log patient behaviors indicative of getting OOB
If patient attempting to get OOB, notify unit staff via
Rauland call system
Document in log when patient is discharged from remote video monitoring.
Give shift report to on coming PCA
Maintain patient confidentiality.
1) Minimum of High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
2) Must be one of the following:
- Certified from a State of Connecticut CNA program with one year of experience
- Enrolled in an accredited nursing program having completed at least one semester of clinical rotations
- A graduate of a foreign nursing program, awaiting U.S licensure or working towards meeting the requirements for same
- A graduate of an accredited nursing program, having failed board licensure (2 chances).