The ideal candidate for this position is an energetic, experienced Windows Admin looking to become part of a dynamic team of engineers. This position is based out of Colorado Springs, Colorado, with frequent travel (approx 40%-50%) to Lakewood, Colorado. We are beginning to focus our efforts in migrating datacenters from Lakewood to Colorado Springs and require an individual capable of leading this operation with the help of Sr. team members. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for all onsite Windows server related efforts including system builds, troubleshooting and hardware upgrades. This individual would also provide onsite coverage for other team members on an on-call rotation basis. This opportunity offers the individual to gain exposure to MS Hyper V, VMware, Legato, UNIX, EMC/HP SAN, EV File System Archiving, and various in-house developed applications and systems within a relatively short period of time.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
The ideal Candidate will have the following job work experience:
• Build and maintain servers in two mid-sized datacenters
• Provide Microsoft Windows Server operating system support
• Work closely with other team members to solve problems, meet deadlines, and produce a quality product for our customers.
• Monitor server performance and availability.
• Address operational systems issues including file and share permissions, user accounts, installing applications, performing backups
• Provide server patch management support in a backup capacity when needed
• Provide SAN, UNIX and Windows hardware support in a backup capacity when needed
• Knowledge of enterprise backup software and various backup applications and procedures (onsite and offsite)
• Perform upgrades of core business applications
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to server configurations
• Share on-call rotation with team members
• Ability to respond to other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified, defined and assigned.
• 4+ years working hands on in a Windows Server/Datacenter environment
• Proven ability and desire to excel in team centric, fast paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability and desire to document procedures to facilitate server management
• ITIL skills including change/incident management, time tracking
• Self-motivated and disciplined with excellent organizational skills
• Ability to troubleshoot a technical problem in an efficient and logical manner
• Desire to learn, and remain active in continuing education/technical growth
• Organized, on time, self-motivated, and trustworthy.
• Able to work productively individually or in a team environment, taking direction as needed.
• Currently reside within our service area (Denver Metro/Colorado Springs- Duties will involve datacenters in both locations Lakewood and Colorado Springs
• Ability to identify and establish expectation in an employee/employer (subordinate/manager) relationship.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from manager, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
• Previous experience in larger, enterprise environments is desired
• Basic storage experience with FC, and iSCSI SAN is a plus
• Ability to use Visio to create network documentation is a plus
• Basic VMWare/HyperV virtualization experience is a plus
• MCSE - Windows 2003 or Windows 2008 R2 preferred
• MCTS: Windows Server Virtualization, Configuration
• Citrix CCAA – XenApp 5 or 6 preferred
• B.S. degree in C.S. or E.E. or equivalent experience required
Experience / specific knowledge:
• Experience in operating and administering large Enterprise environments
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
• Microsoft, Citrix and VmWare certifications are highly desirable
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
• Excellent troubleshooter, good communicator and possess excellent time management skills
• Moderate lifting
• Standard office environment.
• Travel (reimbursed by company) to Lakewood, CO office approximately 40-50%
• Job level will be commensurate with experience and skill sets.
• The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
Kinder Morgan - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...