CNA certification required
1 year of experience required
Responsible to the Clinical Service Director/Clinical Service Manager and RN Case Manager to carry out assigned duties which promote patient comfort and support and activities of daily living.
- Provides personal care/hygiene to the hospice patient.
- Assists the patient with transfers, exercise and/or ambulation.
- Turns and positions patients who are bed bound.
- Assists with Range of Motion (ROM) appropriate for the patient as directed by the RN of Therapist.
- Assists patients with toileting: bedroom, bedpan, and urinal.
- Assists patients with meals and nutritional support.
- Assists patients with medications, which are self-administered by patients, per state and federal regulations.
- Changes simple non-sterile dressings or external bags per State and Federal Regulations.
- Changes bed linens and straightens patients’ environment.
- Observes and reports changes in patient conditions and needs to the case manager
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings as appropriate to coordinate patient care, exchange information and problem solve, and receive staff support and in-service education.
- Participates in Company programs providing orientation, training, and education.
- Follows patient plan of care at all times.
- Participates in agency quality improvement as requested
- Adheres to established Company policies.
- Serves as an active member of the sales team.
- Accepts other assignments deemed appropriate.
High School Diploma or GED and Certified Nursing Assistant certification. or Qualified as a Home Health Aide in the State per State and Federal Regulations.
Ability to read related written communication
Ability to work with consistent direct supervision.
Ability to accurately observe, report, and document changes in the patient.
Ability to recognize the needs of the patient and family.
Ability to develop and maintain rapport with patients and families.
Demonstrated ability to work with an interdisciplinary team.
Minimum of one (1) year as a Home Health Aide preferred.
Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; Walking, standing, talking, hearing, pushing, reaching, seeing, stooping, smelling, depth perception, color vision.
Necessary on a daily basis.
Patient’s home/living facility. Exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection, illness, and physical contact with disruptive patients.
Field and office staff, patients, families, and facility staff.
Must be able to execute all terms and conditions set forth in The Company Employee Handbook, including but not limited to:
a. Works in a safety-conscious manner, which ensures that safe work practices are used in order not to pose a risk to self or others in the workplace.
b. Complies with company policies and procedures and local, state and federal regulations.
c. Adheres to policy on Drug Free Workplace.
d. Interacts in tactful, diplomatic, and humanistic manner with patients, families, visitors and co-workers to provide a safe, efficient, and therapeutically
effective caring environment which ensures the self-respect, personal dignity, rights and physical safety of each patient.
e. Maintains a dependable attendance record and adheres to standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene, and dress code.
Hospice Advantage - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard