Performs initial work-up & specialized examinations of the eye as directed by ophthalmologist. Assists ophthalmologist w/ clinical examination & surgical procedures as directed.
- Schedule: On Call, Variable Hours
- Interviews each patient to obtain information about symptoms & documents information provided by patient in medical record.
- Follows established protocol to determine the appropriate tests to perform based on patient's description of symptoms & personal inspection of eye.
- Uses specialized equipment to test patient's vision & condition.
- Provides test results to provider & brings attention to abnormal conditions.
- Assists the ophthalmologist in the clinical examination of the eye & in surgical procedures as directed.
- Applies eye dressings & protective shields as directed.
- Documents examination results & treatments in patient file.
- Cleans & maintains specialized equipment & work areas.
- Attends patients requiring emergency care & alerts ophthalmologist to their condition.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- 2 years of experience as an Ophthalmology Assistant I required.
- Successfully demonstrated proficiency on initial skills assessment during the interview process required.
- High school diploma/ GED required.
- Formal course in ophthalmology or military training.
- Certification as an Ophthalmic Assistant by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology or obtained within 12 mths of date of hire required
- CPR certification required.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software required.
Kaiser Permanente - 10 months ago
Can a single organization change the future of health care? At Kaiser Permanente, we think so. America's leading nonprofit integrated health...