Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Assign and instruct guest service agents in
details of work. Observes performance and encourages improvement.
• Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand
requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
• Promptly complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent
information including number of guests and room rate. Promote HEI Hotels and Resorts and brand-specific marketing programs.
Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Nonverbally confirm the room number and rate.
Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Close out guest
accounts at time of check out.
HEI Hotels and Resorts Page 2
Confidential and Proprietary
• Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an
assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler’s checks and other forms of payment. Perform accurate moderately
complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
• Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear voice. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and
communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and
other associates. Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and
determining the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment,
sometimes revising approach to accommodate unusual situation. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after
other alternative solutions have been offered.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
HEI Hotels & Resorts
- 3 years ago - save job
At HEI Hotels & Resorts, we are committed to associate development. In order for us to be successful, we need to attract, train and...