- Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Object-oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Java programming experience.
- Understanding of application architecture (MVC/model-2, patterns, JDBC, CVS, build management, etc.).
- Relational database management system (RDBMS) experience (PostGres, MySQL, Oracle).
- Understanding of SQL Queries.
- Web-based server and client software development experience.
- Self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; a person who is open to new ideas; and a creative and flexible individual who is comfortable working in a large, dynamic, and complex organization.
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Team player who is self motivated and well organized.
- Driven and possesses the initiative to identify, communicate, and solve problems.
- Possess DoD 8570 approved security certification (CISSP, Security+, GSEC) or must be certified within six months of employment.
- Requires the candidate to be able to obtain a security clearance.
- In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a U.S. Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Experience with systems engineering and design/integration of the C4I systems.
- Candidate must have developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
- Candidate must be capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines.
- Experience with VMware virtual environments (ESX, ESXi, Workstation, vCenter, vSphere).
- Excellent programming and scripting skills in multiple languages (Batch, Powershell, Perl, bash, Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, JSP, C/C++, etc.).
- Experience with the Scrum/Agile software development.
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced electronic engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multi-disciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, & Essential Job Functions:
- Candidate will support SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic and other stakeholders as a Software Developer.
- The software engineer will be part of a Scrum development team responsible for developing Java Applications.
- Primary duties will include, but are not limited to: analyze technical data to determine requirements, adapt for functionality, then design, develop and test web applications, embedded software on tactical systems and enterprise architecture platforms.
- Candidate may provide guidance to others to achieve goals in accordance with established DoD standards, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Candidate will be developing and integrating various software builds using commercial/ government off-the-shelf (COTS/GOTS), developing scripts, programs, and other tools as needed, providing engineering leadership in support of joint and service-level C4ISR system and mission requirements.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Scientific Research Corporation - 10 months ago
Scientific Research Corporation (SRC) doesn't limit its services to the laboratory. The government contractor provides a wide variety...