The Setup Configuration Specialist (SCS) is responsible for configuring and testing Hewitt's proprietary Total Benefit Administration (TBA) System based on analysis documents of client requirements. Configuring involves using graphical user interface tools to customize code to fix a system defect or update the system per change orders. SCSs are responsible for testing the code and debugging issues/defects prior to the code being moved to production.
- Reviews analysis documents prepared by the Systems Analyst and configures (using graphic user interface tools) the TBA System to fix a system defect or complete a client request/change. Completes high level testing to ensure no major defects are in the code.
- Executes test plan (including regression testing) by identifying/creating test participants and performing calculations for expected results. Determines if configuration performs accurately, reflects requirements, and has zero negative impact to existing provisions.
- Documents defects when actual results do not meet expected results.
- Analyzes issues/defects and debugs the system when configuration is not producing expected results. Researches issues to determine if source of error is with the test data, test plan, or configuration.
- Resolves issues with test cases or set-up and re-tests configuration. Escalates issues as appropriate.
Formal Education & Certification
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, or equivalent work experience in an analytical area.
- Knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles/concepts.
- Interpret and understand conditional statements (i.e., If/Then/Else).
- Apply basic relational database concepts (e.g., table relationships, keys).
- Knowledge of and ability to write basic SQL and DB2 queries.
- Troubleshoot basic system defects and errors.
- Ability to interpret and understand typical client requirements documentation.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, manage, track, and report project status.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Frequent computer use at workstation up to two hours at a time or for extended periods of time.
- Access information using a computer and related components and peripherals.
- Participation in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
Aon Hewitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V
Lincolnshire, Illinois United States
Lincolnshire, IL United States
Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance and...