The Human Resources (HR) Representative partners with the Human Resource Team and plant management to develop employee capabilities and improves the performance of plant operations by facilitating the implementation of key HR initiatives. The incumbent showcases his/her communication and employee relations expertise to ensure that the plant team demonstrates the Company’s values and continues to develop the skill level of its workforce. As a member of the Human Resources Group, the Human Resource Representative reports to the Human Resources Director.
Weekly Floor Time/Communication (Management by Walking Around) by partnering with functional areas within the plant to ensure integrity of the employee relations process by:
Ensures policy and legal compliance and application of FMLA, ADA, salary administration, benefits, workers compensation, and safety administration by:
- Ensuring that all employee relations issues are quickly addressed and are resolved in a timely manner and consistent with the Company’s practices;
- Ensuring a consistent flow of communication regarding any changes or other relevant information concerning the employee;
- Developing and maintaining systems for recognizing and rewarding high employee morale;
- Work with managers, supervisors and employees to develop events and programs to positively reinforce employees;
- Coordinating and attending management meetings with the HR Director regarding people, retention and staffing , and ongoing training needs assessments for plant personnel,
- Coordinating and attending counseling meetings with supervisors and employees.
Participates in the hourly recruiting and staffing workforce strategy by:
- Conducting new hire orientation to ensure that all new employees are adequately introduced and informed of all pertinent Company information, policies, procedures, and guidelines, and then accurately processing all completed paperwork as required;
- Providing all new employees with information and forms necessary for enrollment in the Company’s benefit program;
- Assisting the HR Director and Safety Manager in analyzing safety incident data to identify trends and recommend solutions and processes for solutions.
- Providing superior employee administrative support such as accurate, organized, and up-to-date employee files, responding to employment-related inquires, and ensuring that all employees receive their correct paychecks on time.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Ensuring that all hourly plant positions are fully staffed and maintained in accordance with Staffing model;
- Partnering with the HR Director and Recruiting to implement effective and innovative recruiting strategies;
- Scheduling and participating in the interview process as necessary; and
- Identifying alternative, effective sourcing methods for recruiting and retaining the hourly workforce
The HR Representative is responsible for assessing the current recruiting and sourcing strategy and improving and updating as necessary. The incumbent identifies and pre-screens qualified hourly candidates and schedules interviews with the selected interview team. He/she also partners with the HR and plant management team to resolve employee issues.
Scope of Position:
The HR Representative is key partner for employee relations, training and recruiting strategy, compliance, new hire processing and orientation. He/she supports the HR and plant management team by communicating a consistent message to hourly employees. The incumbent also acts as the key contact for HR tasks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the practices and principles of human resources including FMLA, ADA, worker’s compensation, safety administration, benefits, employee relations, and providing consultative services to various client groups.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state employment law and equal employment guidelines and policies including the principles and practices of staffing administration including methods and techniques used in recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, and training.
- Knowledge of core capabilities/competencies approach to staffing and meeting a large organization’s business needs.
- Knowledge of and ability to learn various innovative sourcing and prescreening activities and related assessment tools.
- Ability to work effectively with internal associates and develop other talent pool as needed.
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees and management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively take action to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgment and successful stress tolerance.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop and guide processes through to closure.
- Demonstrated advanced skills with the standard features of various personal computer word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, and other proprietary software).
- Strong results orientation and a history of driving positive change with measurable results.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work effectively under pressure and deal with multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential material and information in an ethical, professional manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field.
- 3 or more years of generalist HR experience with exposure to employee relations, performance management, union avoidance, compensation, benefits administration, training and development, and recruitment.
- Experience working in a heavy manufacturing environment.
Applications will be accepted through March 11, 2013
Sabre Industries, Inc. - 13 months ago
Sabre Industries, Inc. provides highly-engineered power delivery structures used for electric transmission and distribution applications. In...