The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Production Scheduler position available at our Food Group Headquarters in Boise, ID.
Develops firm short term (2 weeks) and fluid intermediate term (11 weeks) production planning schedules for vegetable prime and packaging plants. This is achieved through inventory planning/analysis and discussion and coordination with plant personnel, various Sales/Marketing teams, Demand Planning, Deployment, Customer Service, and the Production Planning Manager. Provides input to the Production Planning Manager for the development of the 24-month schedule based on short and intermediate term plans.
Education, Experience, and Training:
- Work with Demand Planning and the Production Planning Manager to assist in forecast analysis and determine how the forecast changes impact the production schedules and inventory.
- Analyze and manage inventory levels, allergen constraints, equipment constraints, and any possible aging ingredients that need to be scheduled before they become aged. Write deviations and route for approval. Also analyze plant capacities, forecasted demand, and sales requirements to develop a rough intermediate term production schedule (13 weeks). Coordinate new product introductions from development planning, test runs, and first production runs.
- Develop a two-week firm production planning schedule (11 week fluid) utilizing the intermediate term production plan; coordinate with operations and purchasing to create a schedule that meets the requirements of both operations and sales/marketing.
- Daily interaction with Purchasing Department to coordinate the purchase and delivery of materials per the 13 week schedule. Consistent interaction with the Manufacturing Plant(s) to coordinate any necessary schedule changes based on current week's production or material shortfalls. Notify customer, Customer Service, and Deployment of any schedule changes that will impact their orders.
- Generate bulk, packaging, and inventory reports for Purchasing, Operations, Sales/Marketing, and customers that provide information for them to use internally to determine their material shortfalls and their made to order schedules. Develop scheduling tools that provide required critical data to make business decisions and schedule effectively.
- Daily interaction with Sales/Marketing to resolve any inconsistencies arising from demand (volume/timing) versus production capacity or commodity shortages.
- (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university and/or equivalent experience.
- Two plus years related experience and/or training. Certificates: American Institute of Planning and Inventory Control, or similar experience.
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
- Visit www.simplot.com/careers
- Select Job Search
- Select Professional Jobs
- Select All Open Positions
- Apply to Job ID #1127 Production Scheduler 1 (Food-Boise, ID)
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at
- The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*